In screen printing, a successful and accurate print starts with a high quality art file, and a well executed Color Separation.
Our skilled team will expertly break down your designs into individual layers, or color channels, ensuring precise separation and optimal ink coverage.
We also use color trapping, minimizing any gapping between colors when printed.
Registration marks are added, and each color layer is labeled for your convenience.
What is a Color Separation?
- Color separation in screen printing is the process of breaking down a multicolored design into individual color components that can be printed separately onto a substrate, such as a t-shirt or paper.
- Each color in the design is separated into its own layer, and these layers are then used to create screens, each of which corresponds to a specific color.
- When combined through successive passes of the screens, the individual colors come together to recreate the full, original design.
How it works:
- Upload the file you would like to have Color Separated using the "Choose Image" button
- Select the number of colors in your image from the dropdown menu
- You'll be able to add a note about the separation if needed, after you upload your file.
Shipping & Fulfillment
- Please allow 1 to 2 business days for your color-separated art file to be sent.
- Reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email support is available Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM PST.
- If your email question is sent outside of support hours, you'll receive a response on the next business day.
- Color separations are a non-refundable purchase.